First Holy Communion and Confirmation Education
- Prep 1 – Parents attend 5 Parent Enrichment classes; and parent with child attend class once a month from October to April.
- Prep 2 – Parent and Child Classes once a month from October to April
- Although we expect that your family attends Mass weekly, once a month please put a coupon in the basket outside the church doors in the lobby.
- Arranged according to public school. Monday 4:30-5:45pm and Wednesday 4:30-5:45 and 6:30-7:45.
Level 3 and Level 4:
- Curriculum includes introduction to church, study of sacraments
- The holy Trinity, the rosary and liturgical calendar, traditional
- Prayers such as Hail Mary, Our Father, the saints, and morality
- Including sin, 10 commandments, corporal works of mercy
- Morality emphasis and reception of the Sacrament of Reconciliation
- Sacrament of reconciliation by students and parents
- In-depth review of reconciliation, conscience, making good moral choices, original sin, free will, beatitudes, scripture study
- For students in Prep 6, Prep 7 & Prep 8
- Parent and student gather for monthly workshops for doctrinal Instruction, discussion, prayer and experiential component
- Each child will commit to putting their God-given Faith Into Action (F.I.A) here at OLOG and in the larger community
- Mass attendance with monthly scripture reflection
- Two Independent workbooks to be completed in each grade. One is due in January and the other in April
|Faith Formation Office||(631) 661-9353|
|First Holy Communion Prep 1 & Prep 2
(Grades 1, 2 & older)
Sacrament Prep 3, Prep 4, & Prep 5
(Grade levels 3, 4 & 5)
Confirmation Prep 6, Prep 7 & Prep 8
(Grade levels 6, 7 & 8)
|Margaret Harnisch, Director of Ministry with Children and Families: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Ellen Kunis — Special Education
MaryAnn Lyons, Karen Butterick, Maria Fischer – Faith Formation Secretaries
>> Faith Formation Summer Hours: Monday through Thursday from 9am to 4pm; Friday from 9am to 2pm; and weekends and evenings by appointment only.