Our Gallup Member Engagement Survey begins this week. You can help Our Lady of Grace, and also have a voice in the future direction of our parish, by taking part. Here’s how:
- Online: The best way, if you have a computer with an internet connection, is to take the survey online. It takes about ten or fifteen minutes, but you can take all the time you need. The “window” for the survey runs for the month of October, but you can take it online beginning today. The detailed instructions are at the bottom of the page.
- Paper and Pencil: If you can’t do the survey online, you can do it on paper and a parish secretary will then enter your responses into Gallup’s website. (The survey is anonymous, so you don’t have to worry about anyone knowing who you are.) You can pick up the form in the lobby, in the parish office, or in the Faith Formation office beginning today and through Sunday, October 27. Paper surveys must be returned to the parish office no later than Monday, October 28, so that the secretaries have time to send your responses to Gallup. We’ll have an in-pew survey at all the Masses on the weekend of October 19-20.
We hope to have as many parishioners as possible complete the survey; the more responses we receive, the more accurate the picture we get of the core of our parish life. (You must be age 18 or over.)
The six parishes taking part in the survey around our diocese at this time will be meeting with a Gallup consultant on November 19 to receive and interpret each parish’s results. You’ll of course be hearing from me what we discovered; and the entire report will be on the parish website soon after that date.
The Parish Council has created a special Subcommittee on Member Engagement to guide it and the parish through understanding the survey’s results and implementing the parish’s responses to what we learn. The subcommittee enlists the talents of Bernie Cassidy and of Haydee Santini, both of whom are former Council members who also took part in Gallup training about engagement a few years ago. I anticipate that the Council will recommend to me particular priorities in response to what we learn from you. Expect to hear much more about the results as we plan our future together.
Please take the survey – we need to hear from you so that we can plan our future wisely! Until next week, peace.
How to take the ME25 Survey Online:
- Go to this website: https://my.gallupfaith.com/ourlady_11704
- (You can also go to the parish website, www.ourladyofgrace.net, and click the link there)
- Enter the parish access code: CCE7FAE (Note: this is case-sensitive)
- Answer the survey questions as they appear (please answer all the questions);
- When you are finished, click “submit.”
How to take the ME25 Survey on Paper (if you do not have online access):
- Pick up a paper copy of the survey form in the lobby, the parish office, or the Faith Formation office, or be sure to come to Mass on the October 19-20 weekend.
- Complete the survey at your convenience (please answer all the questions);
- Return the survey to the parish office no later than Monday, October 28.
All responses are confidential, no matter which way you complete the survey; your opinion counts!